New Bell stand commission

posted in Welding Art
Monday, November 14 2016, 10:34 PM
So here is my latest piece.

The stand is 1/8th inch aluminum and the bells are compressed gas bottles.

The color is powder coat , "dormant violet"

It's for a sculpture garden in New York state..

The biggest bell is 121 lbs and the stand is 121.5 lbs.

The tallest arch is 8 feet tall and the shortest is 6 feet.
I love my job!

Lincoln A/C 225
    Everlast PA200
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

Tuesday, November 15 2016, 10:24 AM - #permalink
    Gee,

That one might look a little imposing and scary if it were placed in a small courtyard.

Otherwise, it's pretty cool. I mean, I like the arcing manner of the hangers.

How much wind does it take to make some sound? Or how often is it typically heard in the area it will be placed in!
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

Tuesday, November 15 2016, 08:04 PM - #permalink
    Only takes about 3 mph of wind to get them ringing.. Nice thing is they are not loud.. Will be installed in the back of a 2 acre sculpture garden... Photos will follow for sure...
    I love my job!

AHP Alpha Tig 200x Everlast PowerTig 255EXT Everlast PowerMTS 251si
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Millermatic 251
    www.kevincaron.com
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

Saturday, November 26 2016, 04:38 AM - #permalink
    Thats awesome kevin!!
    Keep up the fantastic work!

Location [ View Larger Map ]

The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

Sunday, November 27 2016, 03:59 AM - #permalink
    Hi Kevin, That is beautiful. I hope it gets a really nice setting, because it looks awesome.
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

Wednesday, November 30 2016, 06:00 PM - #permalink
    Awesome work Kevin.

Location [ View Larger Map ]

Jack of all trades and master of a few. :D
    I know what I know and do what I do.
    www.hwwelds.com
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

Wednesday, November 30 2016, 07:42 PM - #permalink
    Thanks guys,, it's at its new home, just waiting for the installed photos to show up... Hopefully they get it installed before the snow flys!
    I love my job!